This chicken noodle soup is warm, comforting, and easy to make! It's healthy and gluten free and the perfect dish for cold days.
I'll admit that I was never a huge fan of chicken noodle soup, but I decided to give it a go when a friend reached out to me for a gluten free version. And I was pleasantly surprised at how good it turned out!
My whole family loved it, and said it was so much better than Panera's. It's definitely going to be a repeat in this house!
Keeping the post short and sweet today, but one thing I want to mention is the broccoli stems in place of celery. Usually, when I cook broccoli, I don't like to use the long stems at the end, and have no use for it. So by chopping off the ends, you're reducing food waste and getting an excuse to not eat celery!
Because let's be real, have you ever met a person who actually likes celery? I'm not trying to be rude if you like it (feel free to use it if you do!), I'm just providing a solution to the majority of people who don't.
I really hope you like this recipe! If you decide to make it, be sure to post a picture/story and tag me @nutritiousdelights on Instagram--I'd love to see it!💗
More recipes you might love:
Healthy Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced broccoli stems or celery
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4-5 teaspoons salt divided
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts about 4 breasts
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium white or yellow onion
- 10 cups water
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb gluten free egg noodles or pasta
- In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp oil on 70% heat. Add carrots and broccoli stems and cook for about 3 minutes, until lightly browned and soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp oil and add the chicken, garlic, salt, and onion (cut in half). Add the water and broth, then bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and simmer partially covered for about 30 minutes. Skim the starch that floats up.
- Remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks. Add the pasta or egg noodles to the pot with italian seasoning and pepper and boil according to package directions. Add the broccoli, carrots, and chicken back in for the last 5 minutes. Add more salt if needed.
- Serve and enjoy! If you're not eating right away, the pasta will soak up some of the soup. To reheat, add more vegetable broth and bring to a boil before serving.