This healthy lemon chicken is super easy to make, and only requires one sheet pan. It combines chicken with green beans and potatoes for a healthy and delicious meal.
Everything is easier when it's made in one pan! This healthy lemon chicken is no exception.
But when you use a sheet pan, you don't have to do any actual cooking. Just throw everything on the pan and bake!
Does it get any easier than that?
Ingredients in Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken
The three main components to this meal are chicken breasts, green beans, and potatoes, as well as some sliced lemons for flavor.
In this recipe I used chicken breast tenderloins because they are so much softer and juicier than regular breasts, with the same nutrition. I have not tried with regular chicken breasts, but if you want to try you can cut one into thirds and experiment with the cooking times.
Lemon Honey Marinate
This is where all the flavor comes from! You don't really marinate the veggies (but 8 minutes for the chicken); it's more like you just dip them in for flavor.
This marinate starts (obviously) with lemon. I used the juice from a full lemon, which is equal to about 5 tablespoons (if you buy just the juice). It's sour and tart, which is why I always pair it with honey.
If there's lemon, there's honey. The sweetness of the honey counters the tartness of the lemon, making it the perfect match, like in this Roasted Vegetable Lemon Quinoa Salad. Like the quinoa salad, this marinate also uses some grated parmesan.
I'm not ashamed to say I put parmesan in literally everything I eat/cook, and this recipe is no exception. It's not a crazy amount, just ¼ cup, but it delivers.
Olive oil brings it all together with its unique flavor and loads of healthy fats.
Finally, there's the seasonings which include the basic salt and pepper, plus garlic herb seasoning, italian seasoning, and dried oregano. We need all the flavor here!
How to make Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken
Potatoes, chicken, and green beans do not all cook at the same time. This is especially important when making chicken. If you cook the chicken for as long as you cook the potatoes, you'll end up with some dry, chewy chicken. I think we can all agree that's not what we want.
First, you have to make the marinate, which is as simple as whisking everything together. Dunk the potatoes in, then shake off the excess liquid and place on the tray. Bake for 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
Then it's time for the green beans. Dunk 'em then place on the potato tray, baking both for 8 minutes. While they cook, place the chicken in the marinate.
Add some sliced lemons to the tray. I like to sprinkle them with sugar, but it's totally optional. Place the chicken on top, then top it with more sliced lemons.
I like to put the sliced lemons below and on top of the chicken so you get as much lemon flavor as possible.
Bake for 8-10 minutes and everything will be perfectly cooked!
I really hope you like this recipe! If you decide to make it, be sure to post a picture and tag me @nutritiousdelights on Instagram--I'd love to see it!💕
More recipes you might love:
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken with Green Beans and Potatoes
- 2 lb chicken breast tenderloins patted dry
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups green beans
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice or 1 lemon
- 1 lemon sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- sprinkle of sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, olive oil, parmesan, and seasonings. Dunk the potatoes in the marinate and place on the prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Dunk the green beans in the marinate and add to the same tray as the potatoes. Bake for 8 minutes. While it's in the oven, leave the chicken to marinate in the lemon honey mixture.
- Place half of the sliced lemons flat on the sheet pan, and sprinkle with sugar (optional). Place the chicken on top of the lemons, then top with the other half of lemon slices, also with sugar (optional). Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.