This healthy Pad Thai made from brown rice noodles has all the flavor of the traditional dish, but vegan! The hint of peanut from the sauce and the extremely crispy baked tofu set this Pad Thai apart from any other.
Meals that are both sweet and savory >>> meals that are just plain savory, and that's not up for debate🙃 I think that's the main cause of my new Pad Thai obsession, plus my love for crispy baked tofu.
The sweetness of maple syrup, saltiness of soy sauce, and of course 2 of my favorite flavors, sesame and peanut make me crave this dish like crazy! And believe it or not, it's actually SO simple.
Oh yeah, it's also vegan thanks to a few simple swaps. Although traditionally made with meat and eggs, you really don't feel like you're missing anything...thanks to the tofu!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you make a purchase through them, at no additional cost to you. These funds help me keep this blog running for free! Please note that I only recommend tools that I personally use and love and I always have my reader’s best interest at heart.
One of my favorite parts of this recipe is all the bright colors--and they all come from vegetables! Purple/red cabbage, red bell peppers. carrots, and green onions all give this Pad Thai it's beautiful colors, while also adding flavor and nutrients!
Then there's the sauce, made from just maple syrup, soy sauce, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, and optional siracha if you like spice. It's cooked with sesame oil and topped with sesame seeds, because you can never get enough sesame flavor 🙂
You also can't forget the main component of this dish...rice noodles! I used brown rice noodles, but you can really use any kind you like. This is my favorite brand; they actually don't stick together like all the others I've tried!😳
At the end you add back the crispy tofu and all the toppings you want, and you've got one delicious meal!
>>Click here to PIN this recipe and save it for later!<<
I really hope you like this recipe! If you decide to make it, be sure to post a picture and tag me @nutritiousdelights on Instagram--I'd love to see it!
More recipes you might love:
Japanese Soboro Don (Eggs, Turkey and Rice)
Vegan Peanut Pad Thai with Baked Tofu
Pad Thai Ingredients
- 10 oz brown rice noodles cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup sliced green onion about 5 sprigs
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 3 cups purple/red cabbage sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
Peanut Pad Thai Sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter or cashew
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon siracha optional
- see directions for my favorite recipe!
- chopped cashews
- chopped peanuts
- green onion
- sesame seeds
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick pan to 75% heat with the sesame oil. Add the garlic, ginger, cabbage and peppers. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until softened, then add carrots and green onions and cook for another minute. Add the cooked rice noodles and the sauce and cook for about a minute, tossing together. Turn off the heat when everything is cooked through and fully combined.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy.
Hi Hannah, I love this recipe! This is my go to whenever we have a large group over for dinner! It is so delicious! Thank you!
Oh wow I feel so honored!! So happy you like it <3
Pad Thai is one of those dishes that I just cannot get enough of! This looks wonderful!
thank you! same, I can never get enough😅🥰