These healthy baked zucchini fries are low carb, gluten free, and so delicious! Coated with almond flour and Parmesan cheese instead of breadcrumbs, these fries are also keto-friendly!
Not saying there's anything wrong with regular fries, but something about breaded and baked zucchini fries hits different.
Although I will be the first person to tell you that you should never fear carbs, and they're really good for you, I understand that some are trying to reduce their intake.
So whether you're looking for a low-carb alternative, or you just love the taste of zucchini fries (like me), these gluten free zucchini fries will not disappoint.
Ingredients in Baked Zucchini Fries
The ingredients in these baked zucchini fries are pretty basic and minimal, but make them so delicious.
You'll start with, of course, sliced zucchini. Cut it first into quarters: one cut lengthwise and one cut widthwise. Then take each quarter and cut it into slices.
Next you'll set out 2 shallow bowls. In one of them, beat 1 large egg. In the other, make the breading!
The breading is made of almond flour, parmesan, ground flaxseed, and seasonings. You don't have to use every single spice if you're missing one, but they each provide their own unique flavor.
So now for the process...all you have to do is dip a slice in the egg, coat it in the breading, and place on a foil-lined sheet pan. But to make sure they get crispy instead of soggy, you'll need a bit of olive oil.
Just spray some on the foil, then on top of the fries before baking. If's a simple trick that makes a big difference.
So then you bake it, only about 20 minutes and they're done and ready to eat! They taste amazing alone, but you can also make a super easy 2-ingredient sauce to go with it.
I didn't write it in the actual recipe card, but it's just equal parts plain nonfat greek yogurt and ketchup. For one serving I would say about 1-2 tablespoons each. Just mix it together and you're done!
I really hope you like this recipe! If you decide to make it, be sure to post a picture and tag me @nutritiousdelights on Instagram--I'd love to see it!
More recipes you might love:
Low Carb Baked Zucchini Fries
- 1 large zucchini Cut into quarters, then sliced into ½" thick strips
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic herb seasoning
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a sheet pan with foil. Spray with olive oil then set aside.
- Set out 2 shallow bowls. In one of them, beat the egg. In the other, whisk together the almond flour, parmesan, flaxseed, and all the seasonings.
- Dip each zucchini strip into the egg first, then coat in the almond mixture. Place on the prepared sheet tray, then spray with more olive oil. Bake for about 20 minutes.