Perfect as a side dish, appetizer or healthy snack and requires almost no preparation!
Ever feel too lazy to make a real lunch or snack? Or you spent too much time on the main course that you forgot to cook some veggies? This is the solution.
Not only does it require 5 minutes or less of preparation, it is full of flavor and will make you want to eat your veggies!
I watch enviously as my sister eats raw veggies as a tasty snack, not because it’s healthy. She can eat a bag of carrots, few heads of romaine lettuce, a couple of mini cucumbers, a handful of green beans in one sitting. And she truly enjoys them. As much as I’ve tried, I just don’t like the way most vegetables taste.
Let me rephrase that. I don’t like raw vegetables or those that are just cooked. I like them when they are roasted and crispy and have lots of flavor.
Here they are. Little oil and salt, but so much flavor. So crispy while perfectly cooked in the center.
You can also add or swap almost any other veggie, but make sure to adjust the cooking time and to cut them smaller or larger accordingly.
Another problem I have with snacks or quick lunches (I know, I’m a picky eater 🤣) is that some days I just don’t feel like cooking. I’d be like, “I want to make a healthy lunch, but do I really want to cook?” No, I don’t. Then I grab a yogurt with way too much sugar and call it a meal.
I make this for lunch at least a few times a week and I love it every time. It’s so easy and delicious and lets me eat my veggies without forcing myself 🤣.
You can also add or swap almost any other veggie, keeping in mind the cooking time and cutting them smaller or larger accordingly.
And when you make this recipe, be sure to share it on Instagram, tagging me in your post @nutritiousdelights. I’d love to see it!
Easy Cheesy Roasted Vegetables
- 1 ½ cups gold potatoes chopped into small cubes
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup green beans
- ½ cup sliced red peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional extra seasoning recommended:
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients with hands.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared tray and bake for 20 minutes.