This freezer fudge uses healthy base ingredients like cashews, chickpeas, and dates to create super fudgy bars that melt in your mouth. They're low in added sugar, vegan, gluten free, and paleo!
I love having desserts handy at all times, any time of the year. However, the summer heat is telling me not to bake because I do NOT need any more heat from the oven.
I've been resorting to no-bake treats, and this cashew freezer fudge is my favorite so far. It's super easy to throw together, and does not require using an oven or stove!
There's very little added sugar, plus it's vegan, gluten free, and paleo friendly! There's also some extra fiber and protein from the cashews and chickpeas!
And the texture is seriously SO fudgy. It practically melts in your mouth! For that we have to thank the healthy base ingredients...
Ingredients in Healthy Cashew Freezer Fudge
To get it's super fudgy texture, the fudge relies on 3 healthy base ingredients: chickpeas, cashews, and dates.
Cashews are my favorite because of how creamy they become when blended, and because the taste isn't super powerful like peanuts. They provide healthy fats, protein, fiber, and nutrients.
For this recipe, you can use either cashew butter or whole cashews--whichever works best for you! Using cashew butter will save you a step, but I prefer to make my own so there are no added ingredients.
Chickpeas are the second special ingredient, providing lots of fiber and protein to the bars! They make any dessert, like these Flourless Brownies, super fudgy!
Using an entire can may result in a noticeable taste, so this recipe uses half a cup. It's enough to provide health benefits and improve the texture, but not enough for you to taste it!
And finally, medjool dates! They contribute to the melt-in-your-mouth texture, but also provide natural sweetness with no added sugar.
The chocolate topping is super simple and rich; made from just cashews and melted vegan chocolate! The combination of the chocolate and cashew base really makes for the perfect no-bake dessert.
I really hope you like this recipe! If you decide to make it, be sure to post a picture and tag me @nutritiousdelights on Instagram--I'd love to see it!💕
More recipes you might love:
Healthy Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies (DF, GF, Paleo)
Healthy Cinnamon Roll Cookies (V, GF, Paleo)
Healthy Cashew Freezer Fudge (Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo)
- ½ cup canned chickpeas drained, peeled, and rinsed very well
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates soaked if dry
- 2 cups dry cashews or approx 1 cup cashew butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons oat milk or any milk
- ½ cup cashews or approx ¼ cup cashew butter
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate melted
For the Base
- In a food processor, blend the cashews on high speed for about 5-10 minutes until super creamy like cashew butter. The time depends on the speed of your food processor (skip this step if you're using cashew butter). Add in the dates and oat milk and blend until very smooth. Add the chickpeas, maple syrup, and salt, and blend until completely smooth, with no chunks or grains. Transfer to a bread loaf pan lined with parchment paper and press down so it's flat and even.
For the Chocolate Topping
- Blend the cashews to make a butter, same as for the base (skip if using cashew butter). Add in the melted chocolate and blend. Pour on top of the base and tap down so that it's evenly spread.
- Cover with foil and freeze for about 3 hours or overnight until it's set. Slice and enjoy!