This french toast bake is so quick to throw together and great to meal prep! It's soft and sweet but has no dairy, and only simple ingredients.
I've been loving French toast lately and this bake is just making my life so much easier.
Pan-fried toast is great but takes a lot of time, especially if you're making for more than one person. When you bake it in the oven, you really just have to throw stuff together and let the oven do the work for you!
This recipe is also healthy and dairy free, only not vegan because it has eggs (which make a big part of the flavor). It can also be gluten free if you use gluten free bread!
ingredients in healthy blueberry french toast bake
- bread: this can be white bread, whole wheat, multigrain, brioche, gluten free, etc...whatever you like! If you're going for more nutrients, choose the whole wheat or multigrain, and for optimal taste and texture go with a white bread.
- oat milk: my favorite nondairy milk, but you can use whichever you like! Regular milk works too.
- maple syrup: you don't need much, but it acts as a sweetener.
- salt, vanilla, & cinnamon: for flavor.
- wild blueberries: feel free to swap for any type of berries!
📌Click here to save the recipe on Pinterest so you can always come back to it!
I really hope you like this recipe! If you decide to make it, be sure to post a picture/story and tag me @nutritiousdelights on Instagram–I’d love to see!🥰 Also leave a comment below so everyone can see how it goes 🙂
More recipes you might love:
Healthy Blueberry French Toast Bake
- 4 slices bread of choice halved
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup oat milk
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cup wild blueberries
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with oil and preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla. Coat each slice of bread in this mixture and layer them on the prepared dish. In the remaining liquid, add the blueberries then pour on top of the dish. Bake for about 30 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed. Enjoy!