Healthy Vegan Spinach Cake
This soft, moist, and fluffy cake is simple to make and is a fun way to get your veggies in! There are 4 whole cups of spinach in this recipe, but you can’t taste it. It’s easy, tasty, healthy, vegan, dairy free, and nut free!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal +2 tbsp water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 11 tablespoons coconut sugar or cane sugar
- ⅓ cup 2% plain greek yogurt can replace with vegan yogurt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups packed raw spinach
- 1 ⅓ cup oat milk or other nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flaxseed meal and water, then let it sit for 5-10 minutes to gel. Mix in the oil, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, yogurt, and sugar.
Add in the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
In a blender, or a bowl + immersion blender, blend the spinach with the milk until completely smooth.
Mix the spinach milk with the rest of the batter and transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, let cool, and enjoy!