Vegan Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
This healthy cake is so soft and fluffy while carrying the comforting flavor of pumpkin pie. It uses no dairy or eggs and despite not having coffee in the recipe, it pairs perfectly well with it.
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 9 tablespoons avocado oil or any oil
- 9 tablespoons oat milk or any nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: white flour, white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then whisk in all the wet ingredients: sugar, avocado oil, milk, apple cider vinegar and pumpkin puree.
Mix all the streusel ingredients until it is fully combined and crumbly. Pour half of the batter in the prepared pan, the sprinkle half of the streusel. Pour the rest of the batter on top and top with the remaining streusel. Bake for about 60 minutes. Check to ensure it is fully cooked through, then let cool before removing from pan. Enjoy!