Healthy Chocolate Peppermint Truffles [Vegan, Gluten Free, Grain Free]
These peppermint truffles are rich and decadent while made with nutrient-dense ingredients. They come together super easily in the food processor and make the perfect holiday treat!
- 12 soft medjool dates pitted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ tablespoons finely ground flaxseed meal
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons oat milk or other nondairy milk
- 1 cup salted almond butter
- ¾-1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 ½ cups chocolate chips, melted I used both white & dark
- crushed candy canes
In a food processor, blend the dates, almond butter, maple syrup, flaxseed meal, cocoa powder, oat milk, and peppermint extract until smooth (it will be very thick).
Scoop 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into balls. Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Melt the chocolate and roll each ball in it. Place on the same tray and refrigerate again for a minimum of 30 minutes. Optional: drizzle more chocolate on top and top with crushed peppermint/candy canes. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!