Healthy Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal (Gluten Free, Vegan, No Added Sugar)
This healthy baked oatmeal is super creamy, delicious, and the perfect way to start your day! It's vegan, gluten free, and has no added sugar, and tastes like eating apple pie for breakfast!
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates 10-12
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 cups nondairy milk of choice I used oat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 medium diced apples peeled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8"x 8" baking pan. Set aside.
In a large food processor, blend the dates with half the applesauce. Add the almond butter and blend until very smooth. Blend in the rest of the wet ingredients: milk, vanilla, salt and the remaining applesauce, then fold in the dry: oats, cinnamon, and baking powder.
Fold in the apples, then transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 60 minutes. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.