Cheesy High Protein Taco Pasta (Healthy, Gluten Free)
This gluten free pasta is super cheesy, creamy, delicious, and tastes like a taco in a bowl! It's also high in protein, with 45 grams per serving!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large zucchini grated
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt any fat content (I used nonfat)
- 3 cups spinach
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast optional
- ½ cup low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese or full fat
- ½ cup low moisture part skim cheddar cheese or full fat
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic herb seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- ½ teaspoon onion powder optional
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 8.8 oz chickpea pasta* cooked
**This is the chickpea pasta that I use and love, but you can also use this red lentil pasta! Both are delicious and high protein options.
In a large pan or medium pot, heat oil to 75% heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, then add mushrooms and zucchini. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until most of the water has evaporated and the vegetables have wilted. Add in the turkey and break it up into small pieces, then cook until browned and has an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add in the black beans and corn and all of the seasonings. Lower the heat and add the yogurt, nutritional yeast, cheeses, cooked pasta, and spinach. Cook until the cheese is melted and the spinach is wilted, and serve!