Healthy Zucchini Almond Butter Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
These healthy brownies are SO fudgy, moist, and delicious! They’re low in added sugar, and high in fiber, protein, healthy fats, and are gluten free, grain free, flourless, dairy free, and paleo. They also have some hidden zucchini and loads of nutritional benefits, without sacrificing on the taste and texture you love.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 45 mins
Course Dessert, Desserts
- ¾ cup natural almond butter or any nut butter
- 2 cups soaked medjool dates pitted
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup avocado oil or light-tasting olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar can sub any granulated sweetener
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup grated zucchini or 1 medium
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9”x 9” baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease. Squeeze most of the liquid from the zucchini, but don’t completely dry it out. Set both aside.
In a large food processor, blend the dates with almond butter for a few minutes, until completely smooth. Add the egg and process on high for about a minute. If your food processor is too small, you can transfer to a bowl and use a whisk, but otherwise, add the rest of the ingredients except zucchini and chocolate and blend until smooth.
Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips with a spatula (do not pulse) and tranfer to the prepared pan. Bake for about 30 minutes (depending on your oven). Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.