Lentil Mushroom Stew with Mashed Cauliflower
This lentil mushroom stew is thick and creamy, pairing perfectly with the light and fluffy mashed cauliflower! You won't miss the carbs or dairy in this healthy and delicious meal.
- ⅔ cup green lentils
- 4 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cup oat milk or other nondairy milk
- 2-3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic herb seasoning
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 6 cups cauliflower florets cooked
- ¼ cup parmesan, vegan parmesan, or nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove roasted garlic optional
In a medium pot, heat the olive oil on 75% heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until shrunken. Add in the lentils and all the seasonings (including soy sauce) and stir for about a minute. Pour in the milk and broth and simmer on medium high heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To make the cauliflower, blend (or mash) all the ingredients together. Serve with the lentils.